Sustainability Consultant, £24,000 - £32,000 pa, depending on experience, Hybrid working (Wokingham and Home). Monday – Friday. Excellent benefits package. We have a fantastic opportunity for a sustainability consultant or analyst to join an expanding organisation; a specialist sustainability consultancy that provides organisations with a range of services to support their environmental and social sustainability. They have a network of clients ranging from multinational corporations to SMEs, government bodies and NGOs. Specialising in Energy management, Zero carbon business strategy, Responsible business management and Social Value creation.
They are based in our Wokingham office, near Reading, but offer the freedom to combine remote independent working with office-based collaboration and teamwork.
As a Sustainability Consultant you will be passionate about sustainability with some experience of working within the industry, either in-house sustainability, consultancy services, or within an NGO that operates across the environmental and social spectrum. The Sustainability consultant will have an understanding of energy and greenhouse gas reporting and strategy, and strong analytical skills to draw insights from complex data and develop net-zero programmes.
• Assist with the delivery of clients’ sustainability programmes in collaboration with colleagues under the guidance of a Project Director
• Analyse complex and often incomplete data to build greenhouse gas emissions inventories aligned to the GHG Protocol for Corporate Reporting and best-practice guidance
• Review energy performance data and building information in order to provide insights and recommendations for optimisation and energy efficiency
• Engage with stakeholders throughout the value chain to determine scope 3 impacts and opportunities
• Support with the development of emissions reductions strategies, including science-based targets and net-zero roadmaps
• Provide expert guidance to clients, including relating to renewable energy procurement and carbon offsetting regimes
• Provide the primary day to day contact point for clients, nurturing client relationships and ensuring excellent communication that builds trust.
As a Sustainability Consultant you will need the following experience and skills:
• Experience working on sustainability projects as a consultant or as an in-house sustainability professional
• A thorough understanding of greenhouse gas accounting; net zero carbon and science-based targets
• Excellent analytical skills, including advanced use of Microsoft Excel; experience with query-based analysis.
• The ability to communicate complex technical information in a succinct and accessible way
• The confidence to build and manage client relationships
• The ability to perform highly on multiple projects and deliver them to time and budget
This is a great opportunity for either a Sustainability Consultant or Analyst to join an amazing and expanding company. If you think you have what it takes then please send your CV via this job board in the first instance.Apply Now