Field Sales Engineer, £30,000 to £35,000 basic, realistic £8,000 commission on top, company car, excellent benefits. Start date 1st October 2021. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Field Sales Engineer to join and international provider of parts and spares for vending, coffee, soft drinks and water sectors. Covering the North of the UK, the midlands and Scotland.
The successful candidate will be a high-quality individual who is hungry to succeed and is a natural networker/business developer responsible for the growth and development of business within the designated Region. Day to day the Field Sales Engineer will be responsible for managing the creation of new business and existing business demand.
Applicants must have experience in a field sales environment, selling to pubcos, cellar tech service companies and breweries, ideally within a technical sales role.
The candidate will have excellent communication and negotiation skills with a ‘can do’ philosophy to your activity. You must be self-starter who can work autonomously and as part of a strong team in equal measure and be able to keep a cool head under pressure maintaining the ability to prioritise, organise, and plan your activity to achieve results.
Education and on the job training qualifications will support any application, must be IT literate (Microsoft packages, CRM experience) and be able to communicate well in written and verbal form.
• Sales planning management in a fast-paced distribution environment (expectations typically; 3 productive field sales call days, 1 regional office based telemarking day, 1 administration/planning day);
• To be the 1st point of technical contact for customers promoting the best solution and package to meet the customers’ needs from the complete company product portfolio;
• To meet and exceed the territory budget (sales & margin targets) and monthly business metric targets for activity (customer visits & quotations);
• Prepare and generate product line quotations meeting company pricing guidelines and customers’ logistic needs;
• Ensure effective and timely administration (Prompt Quotations turnaround, prompt follow up, CRM system kept updated, visit reports, quote status, weekly diaries);
• Provide accurate rolling sales and product demand forecasts;
• Book own customer meetings and plan effectively to cover all the territory;
• Good general sales process knowledge and the ability to start from cold;
• The ability to grow the business by generating new leads while retaining existing customers;
• Working with internal sales team to ensure shared goals are achieved.
In return you will get
• Basic salary £30,000 to £35,000 + Company Car
• £6,000 OTE Bonus up to £8,000 maximum capped for 120% of target performance (broken down into quarterly targets and £1,500 per quarter OTE bonus)
• Company pension scheme which is made up of 3% contribution from the employee and 3% from the company. After 5 years the company will increase its contribution to 4% if you are willing to match it equally;
• Life insurance equal to 2 times your salary after qualifying period.
• Annual holiday of 20 working days per annum (January – December) plus statutory holidays and 3 extra days at Christmas, given at the company’s discretion.
If this sounds like the role for you then please send your CV via this job board in the first instance.